|Annual Meeting Minutes|
Forrest Apostolic Christian Church
PO Box 154
201 E. Church St.
Forrest, IL 61741
Sunday, March 7, 2021
- Seating in the dining room has returned to normal, except for the four west tables which will be reserved for extra spacing between people. Starting on March 28, we will resume using the regular serving list for serving lunch at church, starting with #9. We also hope to resume shaking hands soon. Please see the bulletin boards at church for additional details.
- The Elder Conference will be this week in Congerville. Your prayers are appreciated.
- Next Sunday is our collection for Apostolic Christian Counseling and Family Services. They provide beneficial services to many, and depend on our donations to fund their services.
- Annual church cleaning is coming up on April 6. Please contact Sis. Paulette Zimmerman if you need to have your name removed.
- The Forrest Ladies' Day event will be on June 12. More information will come, and please contact Sis. Molly Teubel with any questions.
Sunday, February 21, 2021
- There will be provings this Saturday beginning at 7:00 pm for Benton Kaeb, Erica Kaeb, and Elise Dotterer. Elder Brother Kent Heimer is planning to be with us.
- There will be an all-church singing at church next Sunday evening after the baptisms, starting at 6:30 pm.
- Lord willing, we are planning the provings and baptisms of our converts Kylie Zimmerman, Kelsey Edelman, Andrea Edelman, and Jacob Mueller the weekend of March 20-21. We are also planning provings and baptisms of our converts Marissa Lanz, Remington Mueller, and Reuben Mueller the weekend of April 10-11.
- There are new update packs for the missionary prayer booklets at church.
Sunday, February 14, 2021
- Beginning next Sunday, everyone will be welcome to attend morning and afternoon services, along with lunch. Seating will be open in every row of the middle benches, and we'll continue using every other row of the outside benches. We will begin singing at noon prior to the afternoon service, which will return to its normal time of 12:20. Please see the bulletin boards at church for additional details.
- Bro. Stan and Sis. Kristen Mueller sent an email survey to Sunday School families seeking their input on possible changes in Sunday School, so please respond by this Thursday (or let them know if you didn't receive anything).
- There is a men's Freedom 4 Life weekend in Peoria, scheduled for February 25-27. It starts at 6:00 pm Thursday and ends Saturday afternoon, and there is no cost to attend. Anyone interested should contact Bro. Jeremy Leman.
- Our converts Marissa Lanz, Jacob Mueller, and Andrea Edelman have repented, are at peace with God, and are now desiring baptism.
- Lord willing, we are planning provings and baptisms the weekend of April 10-11. This is also the weekend of Holy Communion.
Sunday, February 7, 2021
- Next Sunday is our collection for the Fellowship Hall.
- Lord willing, we are planning provings and baptisms the weekend of March 20-21.
- HarvestCall has made a request for additional comforters to send to Romania. Any assistance at the weekly comforter knottings at the Distribution Center on Monday mornings is appreciated.
Sunday, January 31, 2021
- Due to improvements in the local COVID situation, masks are optional while sitting quietly in the sanctuary. Please continue to wear them at all other times at church (including singing), and please leave the special reserved sections for those who wish to leave their masks on.
- Tomorrow is clothes sorting at the Distribution Center beginning at 9:00 am.
- There will be provings this Saturday beginning at 6:30 pm for Lynette Edelman, Nolan Zimmerman, Marcus Aberle, and Alexandrea Brown. Elder Brother Frank Sauder is planning to be with us.
- The 2021 church directories are now available. Some copies are missing the lunch serving list and Sunday School roster, so please feel free to exchange them at church if needed.
- The annual church calendar is no longer in the directory. In addition to being on the bulletin boards, the full year calendar is also online. If you would like a paper copy, please contact Bro. Jason or Sis. Lynn Dotterer. Please place important dates from the church calendar on your personal calendar for 2021, including Holy Communion on Sunday, April 11.
- The draft minutes of the recent annual meeting are on a password-protected portion of the church website, and will be available until mid-March.
- The Silver Lining periodically features an article selected from readers’ submissions. The May 2021 topic is: "Select one of our nine guiding principles, and describe a time you witnessed this principle at work in our brotherhood.” After reviewing the nine guiding principles, share how you’ve seen Spirit-guided, principled living bring eternal benefit. Please send your contributions (length = no more than 600 words) on this topic or questions to Bro. Sam Manz at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2021.