Forrest Apostolic Christian Church
PO Box 154
201 E. Church St.
Forrest, IL 61741
Sunday, November 21, 2021
- If anyone has any agenda items for the annual business meeting, please bring them to either Bro. Kenny Edelman or Bro. Marvin. Please bring them by December 10.
- Midweek services this week will be on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day at 10:00.
- The clear majority for serving the noon lunch is to remain with seating. If you would like a more detailed explanation, please listen to the morning announcements.
- We are thankful that our converts Lily Eisenmann and Kylee Mueller have repented, are at peace with God, and are now desiring baptism.
Sunday, November 14, 2021
- Bro. Ted will continue our series of talks on the Guiding Principles this Wednesday evening, focusing on Principles E & F. If you do not already have a copy or cannot print from the linked handout, there may be a few paper copies at church.
- There is Single Group Sunday School next Sunday at 8:45 am.
- Also next Sunday, there will be an all-church potluck and singing at the Fellowship Hall, starting at 4:30 pm. Please sign up on the sheet under the women's bulletin board.
- The HarvestCall winter work project will be rebuilding and repairing homes around Lafayette, Louisiana. Forty volunteers are needed each week between January 9 and March 25, 2022. Registration begins at noon Central Time on Wednesday, Nov. 17. Additional information is available on the Apostolic Christian HarvestCall website.
- It is time to sign up for the 2022 all-church rotating potluck. Anyone interested should fill out a sign-up form, located under either bulletin board or on the church website. Those wishing to no longer participate should still complete a form indicating they would like to drop out, so the committee knows that it is not an oversight. Please complete the form by Dec. 5, and contact Bro. Troy or Sis. Leann Brown with any questions.
- All members who are comfortable are welcome to resume greeting with a holy kiss.
- We are thankful that our converts Tristan Zimmerman and Carson Leman have repented, are at peace with God, and are now desiring baptism.
- Everyone is invited to the wedding reception for Bro. Levi and Sis. Reena on Sunday, November 28 from 2:00-4:00 pm at the Fairbury Fellowship Hall.
Sunday, November 7, 2021
- Bro. Arlen will continue our series of talks on the Guiding Principles this Wednesday evening, focusing on Principles C & D.
- Next Sunday is our collection for Haiti/Lifeline.
- There are sign-up sheets for attendance and for food by the women's bulletin board for the all-church chili supper and Christmas singing at the Fellowship Hall on Sunday, December. 5.
- All members and friends of the Forrest church are invited to express preferences for how noon lunch is served. You may bring ballots to church next Sunday, or send thoughts to Bro. Marvin via email or text. Please include the word "buffet" or "seating", along with any thoughts you may have.
Sunday, October 31, 2021
- The online Harvest of Sharing benefit auction for Fairview Haven starts tomorrow, Monday, Nov. 1 and closes Friday, Nov. 5 at 8:00 pm CT. Please see the online benefit website for more information.
- The Fairview Haven benefit supper is this Friday, and volunteers are still needed. Also, pre-ordering meals is encouraged to help the meal preparation and serving go as smoothly as possible.
- The Apostolic Christian HarvestCall online benefit auction for Hospital Lumiere is this week, starting Thursday and ending Saturday, Nov. 6 at 4:00 pm CT. Please see the online auction website for more information about this event, which is a critical part of Hospital Lumiere's support.
- We will begin our series of talks on the Guiding Principles this Wednesday evening. Bro. Paul will discuss Guiding Principles A & B.
- Next Sunday is our turn for services in Kitchener, Ontario. Bro. Paul is planning to go.
- Apostolic Christian LifePoints is in critical need of direct care providers (resident aide, dietary and housekeeping staff, and direct support professionals). Full-time and part-time positions are available for individuals 16 and older, along with paid training. Please refer any applicants to the LifePoints website careers page.
Sunday, October 24, 2021
- The annual all-church Christmas singing will be Sunday, December 5 at the Fellowship Hall. There will be a chili supper at 4:30 pm with singing beginning at 6:30. There is a sign-up sheet by the women's bulletin board for 5 couples to volunteer for the 2021-22 committee.
- In two weeks on November 7, it is Forrest's turn for services in Kitchener. Bro. Paul is planning to go.
- The memorandum will be read next Sunday afternoon in place of the afternoon service. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- The new Sunday School teacher is Bro. Reuben Leman.
- The engagement of Bro. Matt Edwards and Sis. Jessica Gerber was announced.