Forrest Apostolic Christian Church
PO Box 154
201 E. Church St.
Forrest, IL 61741
Sunday, January 17, 2021
- ACCFS will be hosting its 2021 Cultivating Connections Marriage Conference on February 5-6 at Bloomington church. They are offering a limited in-person option as well as virtual opportunities. Registration is required for both in-person and virtual attendance. More information as well as registration can be found at www.accounseling.org/marriageconference2021.
- Beginning next Sunday, everyone will be welcome to attend morning services, with alternating groups staying for lunch and the afternoon. Sunday School classes will be held every Sunday morning. Please see the church bulletin boards for details.
Sunday, January 10, 2021
- There will be a member meeting after church this Wednesday evening.
- There will be provings this Saturday beginning at 6:30 pm for Kirk, Myra, Brianne and Kendra Edelman. Elder Brother James Fehr is planning to be with us.
- Bros. John Schmidgall and Rod Zimmerman have been selected to serve four-year terms in the jail ministry.
- There are additional repairs and updates needed at church, including replacing the curtain between the dining room and fellowship area, the carpeting in the dining room, and various other dining room updates. All donations to the General Fund for the next four weeks will be used to help cover the more than $40,000 still needed. Any questions regarding the work may be directed to the trustees.
Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Our annual business meeting is tomorrow evening, beginning at 7:00 pm in the church sanctuary. It will be available on AC Central and the phone conference line for anyone not able to attend who would like to listen in. Converts are welcome to attend.
- The 2021 rotating potluck schedules are available under the bulletin boards at church and on the church website.
- Next Sunday is our Alms Fund collection.
- Sunday School will resume next week. Next Sunday, any family with students or teachers in Sunday School will come in the morning, and all other families in the afternoon. After that, the groups will take turns attending Sunday morning and afternoon services. The schedules are posted on the church calendar and on both bulletin boards. Single Group members can come all day if they'd like.
- For anyone interested in reading through the New Testament this year, there are paper copies of a reading plan under the bulletin boards at church.
- Lord willing, we are planning provings and baptisms of our converts Lynette Edelman, Alexandrea Brown, Nolan Zimmerman, and Marcus Aberle the weekend of February 6-7. We are also planning provings and baptisms of our converts Benton and Erica Kaeb, and Elise Dotterer the weekend of February 27-28.
Sunday, December 27, 2020
- We will have New Year's Day service at 10:00 on Friday morning, instead of our usual Wednesday evening service.
- There is additional information on proposed projects at church under the men's and women's bulletin boards.
- Our converts Benton and Erica Kaeb, and Elise Dotterer have repented, are at peace with God, and are now desiring baptism.
Sunday, December 20, 2020
- We will have Christmas Day service at 10:00 on Friday morning, instead of our usual Wednesday evening service.
- The annual business meeting agenda, open positions, and list of eligible brothers are available under the bulletin boards. The meeting will be at 7:00 pm on Jan. 4, 2021 at church.
- Starting January 10, the church will be reorganized into two new groups; one group will be families with students or teachers in Sunday School, and the other group will be the remaining families in church. The groups will take turns attending Sunday morning and afternoon services (like the two groups do currently). We will not change current attendance plans before January 10, and any additional changes will depend on what happens in the coming weeks.
- Lord willing, we will hear the testimonies of Kirk, Myra, Brianne, and Kendra Edelman on Saturday, January 16 beginning at 7:00 pm.