Sunday, September 27, 2020
- The overall feedback we have received has supported moving forward with additional reopening steps. As we bring more people together, and as more is learned about the coronavirus, it is important that masks are always worn while singing. Masks should also be worn in the dining room, and any time 6 ft. social distancing cannot be maintained. A streamlined church lunch will be available following state restaurant safety guidelines. Details of the plan will be sent via email.
Sunday, September 20, 2020
- There is a full-time maintenance position available at Fairview Haven. For more information, please contact Bro. Jeremiah Rinkenberger.
- The reopening committee feels that given the overall state and regional situation, the door is open to cautious steps forward at church, beginning October 4. A proposed approach is to invite the whole congregation to attend morning services, and alternate afternoon attendance using our current groups. Due to increased numbers, everyone should wear masks while singing in the morning. All children could attend Sunday School every Sunday morning. We are working on lunch plans for those staying for the afternoon service.
Sunday, September 13, 2020
- This coming Tuesday and Thursday, there will be work nights starting at 7:00 pm packaging corn for Haiti and the Navajo Nation. Eight to ten people are needed each evening; please contact Bro. Alex Dotterer for details.
- Holy Communion will be served for anyone who could not come previously next Sunday, Sept. 20 at 2:30 pm at church.
- Please bring a ballot next Sunday for two brothers to teach in Sunday School. The brothers who are currently teaching are listed in the church directory.
- The engagement of Bro. Chad Steidinger and Sis. Heather Jamison was announced.
Sunday, September 6, 2020
- Next Sunday is our collection for Fairview Haven.
- Holy Communion will be served for anyone who could not come last week on Sunday, Sept. 20 at 2:30 pm at church.
- Anyone interested in the men's campout on Friday, Sept. 18 at Bro. Jeremy & Sis. Shara Leman's lake should RSVP to Bro. Reuben Leman by Sept. 7.
- The engagement of Bro. Jacob Leman and Sis. Hannah Hartman from Fairbury was announced.
Sunday, August 30, 2020
- As the cases of COVID increase in our community, please be aware that if we are exposed to a positive case of COVID, we will be asked to quarantine. The longer and closer we are to someone else, the greater our risk that we could need to quarantine. To minimize our risk, please fellowship outside when feasible and maintain social distancing as much as possible in church and outside.
- A men's campout is planned for Friday, Sept. 18 at Bro. Jeremy & Sis. Shara Leman's lake. Men and boys of all ages are welcome to come for a 6 pm dinner and/or overnight. Please bring camp chairs, and sleeping accommodations if you plan to stay overnight. Please RSVP to Bro. Reuben Leman by Sept. 7 if you will be there for dinner and/or breakfast.
- Apostolic Christian LifePoints is beginning a search for a new Executive Director. Anyone interested in details should watch for more information on AC Central and in the Silver Lining.