Sunday, October 18, 2020
- The lunch committee is serving lunch in October. During November and December, instead of using the regular serving list, we would like volunteers to sign up to serve lunch. There are signup sheets for each Sunday under the women’s bulletin board. If all goes well, we may transition back to the regular lunch serving list early next year.
- As the cases of COVID increase in our community, please be aware that if we are exposed to a positive case of COVID, we will be asked to quarantine. The longer and closer we are to someone else, the greater our risk that we could need to quarantine. To reduce our risk, please maintain social distancing as much as possible and wear masks when appropriate.
- Lunch at church is available each week for those who are staying for the afternoon service. This will be the same for the upcoming weddings in Forrest. For those who are not invited for the weddingon Nov. 1, please leave church by 11:30 am to accommodate guests who are coming for the afternoon.
Sunday, October 4, 2020
- Tomorrow is clothes sorting at the Distribution Center beginning at 9:00 am.
- Next Sunday is our collection for HarvestCall. There is a significant need to support this outreach arm of our church.
- Brothers Alex Dotterer and Trent Schmidgall have been selected to teach in Sunday School.
Sunday, September 27, 2020
- The overall feedback we have received has supported moving forward with additional reopening steps. As we bring more people together, and as more is learned about the coronavirus, it is important that masks are always worn while singing. Masks should also be worn in the dining room, and any time 6 ft. social distancing cannot be maintained. A streamlined church lunch will be available following state restaurant safety guidelines. Details of the plan will be sent via email.
Sunday, September 20, 2020
- There is a full-time maintenance position available at Fairview Haven. For more information, please contact Bro. Jeremiah Rinkenberger.
- The reopening committee feels that given the overall state and regional situation, the door is open to cautious steps forward at church, beginning October 4. A proposed approach is to invite the whole congregation to attend morning services, and alternate afternoon attendance using our current groups. Due to increased numbers, everyone should wear masks while singing in the morning. All children could attend Sunday School every Sunday morning. We are working on lunch plans for those staying for the afternoon service.
Sunday, September 13, 2020
- This coming Tuesday and Thursday, there will be work nights starting at 7:00 pm packaging corn for Haiti and the Navajo Nation. Eight to ten people are needed each evening; please contact Bro. Alex Dotterer for details.
- Holy Communion will be served for anyone who could not come previously next Sunday, Sept. 20 at 2:30 pm at church.
- Please bring a ballot next Sunday for two brothers to teach in Sunday School. The brothers who are currently teaching are listed in the church directory.
- The engagement of Bro. Chad Steidinger and Sis. Heather Jamison was announced.