Forrest Apostolic Christian Church
PO Box 154
201 E. Church St.
Forrest, IL 61741
Sunday, June 13, 2021
- All members and converts are encouraged to hear the reading of the Memorandum this Wednesday evening. There will also be information shared regarding Northview. It is not a member meeting, and everyone is welcome to come. It will also be available via audio and video streaming, and archived on AC Central.
- The dining room construction project will begin this week. Because we will not be able to have lunch at church during the project, we will start the morning service and Sunday School 30 minutes earlier than usual, at 9:30 am. There will be a short break with no lunch, followed by a second service.
- Due to the church construction project, we will not have Single Group Sunday School on June 20. We will plan to start on July 18.
- We plan to resume members greeting with a holy kiss on June 27.
- Due to low demand, we will not create CD copies of church services on a regular basis. If anyone would like a CD copy of a specific service, please let someone on the sound committee know.
- The Rittman congregation has extended an invitation to the brotherhood to the 2021 Brotherhood Conference on Friday, August 6. If you plan to go, please register online. Those unable to register online may contact Bro. Paul Zimmerman by July 4. Please see this letter for additional information.
Sunday, June 6, 2021
- Tomorrow is clothes sorting at the Distribution Center, beginning at 9:00 am.
- Vacation Bible School will be Monday-Thursday starting tomorrow, June 7. Students should arrive in time to start at 7:00 pm and may be picked up at 8:30 pm. Money collected during the week will be used to sponsor a school in Haiti.
- This Saturday is the "Dwell" event for ladies and girls from Forrest at the Fellowship Hall. Registration begins at 8:30 am.
- The father/son cookout is also this Saturday at 4:30 pm, at Bro. Jeremy & Sis. Shara Leman's home. All men who attend Forrest church are welcome. Please bring a side dish to share and camp chairs.
- Next Sunday is our collection for Gateway Woods.
- Next Sunday is also our all-church picnic hosted by the Sunday School beginning at 4:30 pm, at Forrest Park.
- We will resume Single Group Sunday School starting in two weeks, on June 20, starting at 8:45 am.
Sunday, May 30, 2021
- Memorandum will be read Wednesday evening, June 16.
Sunday, May 23, 2021
- The Forrest Ladies' Day is planned for Saturday, June 12, from 8:30 am-1:00 pm at the Fellowship Hall. Please RSVP to Sis. Molly Zimmerman by May 29.
Sunday, May 16, 2021
- There will be an update on Casa Vida y Esperanza (CVE), the children's home in Magdalena, by Bro. Todd & Sis. ZoŽ Stoller next Sunday, May 23 at 6:30 pm at the Fellowship Hall.
- The Renew Fellowship Invite is on June 5th at the Morton Fellowship Hall. Additional details and registration are at https://www.addevent.com/event/RL6114171. Other options to RSVP are by emailing email@example.com or call/text (309) 657-5033.
- A father/son cookout is planned for Saturday, June 12 at Bro. Jeremy & Sis. Shara Leman's home. Men and boys of all ages are welcome for a 4:30 pm dinner, or earlier to fish. Please RSVP to Sis. Rachel Zimmerman, and bring a side dish and camp chairs.
- The reopening committee is transitioning to an advisory capacity, with primary responsibility for COVID-related decisions at church resting with Bro. Marvin and the ministers.
- Sis. Lori Leman has been selected to serve as a Sunday School teacher.