Forrest Apostolic Christian Church
PO Box 154
201 E. Church St.
Forrest, IL 61741
Sunday, August 12, 2018
- We will begin playing the Conference recordings this Wednesday evening, and continue for the next five weeks. They will be accessible through the call-in service, and available on AC Central. However, all are encouraged to attend on Wednesday evenings to hear the moderator's comments, and participate in worship and fellowship.
- Next Sunday is our turn for services in McAllen, Texas. Bro. Paul is planning to go.
- Forrest church has been invited to a singing at TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast on September 23 at 6:00 pm. There is a sign-up sheet by the women's bulletin board.
- Our converts Mark and Nicole Bahler, Wade Mueller, and Erin Mueller have repented, found peace with God, and are now desiring baptism.
Sunday, August 5, 2018
- Tomorrow is clothes sorting at the HarvestCall Distribution Center beginning at 9:00 am.
- There is a need for a few painters to help finish work on the local work project. Anyone interested should contact Sis. Molly Teubel.
- The Elder Conference will be held Wednesday-Friday this week in Gridley. Please be prayerful for the elder brothers as they meet and share topics during the general conference on Friday.
- There is Single Group Sunday School next Sunday at 9:00 am.
- Next Sunday is also our Servant Fund collection. The HarvestCall Servant Fund supports those who are sent by HarvestCall to serve in our foreign missions. We have those from our own congregation who have been sent, and we have the opportunity to support them and others.
- In two weeks, on August 19, it is our turn for services in McAllen, Texas. Bro. Paul is planning to go.
Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Next Sunday is our turn for services in Kitchener, Ontario. Bro. Jason is planning to go.
- Our 5th Sunday of the month all-church potluck will also be next Sunday at the Fellowship Hall, followed by a LifePoints presentation at 6:30 pm.
- Our converts Beth Ifft and Carson Zimmerman have repented, are at peace with God and are now desiring baptism.
Sunday, July 15, 2018
- Bro. Fred Witzig is planning to be with us this Wednesday, July 18 to speak on "Following Jesus in the History of the Apostolic Christian Church."
- Next Sunday is our turn for services at Fairview Haven. Please check the lists on men's and women's bulletin boards for your turn; if you are unable to go on your Sunday, please find a replacement to help with singing and fellowship.
- It is our turn for services in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada in two weeks, on July 29. Bro. Jason is planning to go.
- Our next 5th Sunday of the month all-church potluck will be in two weeks at the Fellowship Hall, followed by a LifePoints presentation.
- Our Sister Brooke Kilgus is leaving this week to take a one-year teaching position at Hospital Lumiere in Bonne Fin, Haiti. We wish her God's blessings and will keep her in our prayers.
- The engagement of Bro. Myron Kaeb and Sis. Marcy Bahler from Rockville, Connecticut was announced.
Sunday, July 8, 2018
- Our local work projects will be this week.
- There is cleaning at Serenity Villa this Friday and Saturday. All help is appreciated any time between 8:00 am and 8:00 or 9:00 pm Friday, and between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Saturday. Food will be available for lunch and supper on Friday, and lunch on Saturday. Please contact Sis. Loretta Zimmerman with any questions.
- Next Sunday is our collection for Casa Vida y Esperanza (CVE), the orphanage in Magdalena, Mexico.
- Anyone interested in the HarvestCall Proclaim & Serve (formerly Informational) meeting in Tremont on July 21 should register at proclaimandserve.org.