Forrest Apostolic Christian Church
PO Box 154
201 E. Church St.
Forrest, IL 61741
Sunday, April 18, 2021
- As COVID cases and hospitalizations continue to grow in the area, please avoid contact with others (including coming to church) if you have any COVID symptoms or may have been exposed. Please also minimize travel and large gatherings whenever possible, and leave additional space when sitting in the sanctuary and dining room. People who have not had COVID recently or been vaccinated are encouraged to consider wearing a mask.
- Due to increasing cases of COVID, the ACYF Day scheduled for next Sunday has been cancelled.
- Holy Communion will be served for anyone who could not come last week on Sunday, May 2 at 2:30 pm at church.
- The Forrest Ladies' Day is on June 12 at the Fellowship Hall. All ladies that attend Forrest church are welcome; invitations will be sent soon via mail or email. Please contact Sis. Molly Teubel with any questions.
- The engagement of Sis. Heidi Edelman and Bro. Joe Lavallier from Gridley was announced.
Sunday, April 11, 2021
- The Apostolic Christian LifePoints Gospel Sing fundraiser is scheduled for Saturday, May 1, at 6:00 pm. A limited number of people may attend in person at Five Points in Washington. People attending in person must reserve tickets online here. The event will also be livestreamed for online attendees. There is more information on the LifePoints website.
- All Illinois residents ages 16+ are eligible for COVID vaccinations at the Livingston County Health Department. More information can be found on the LCHD website.
Sunday, April 4, 2021
- Tomorrow is clothes sorting at the HarvestCall Distribution Center beginning at 9:00 am.
- Next Sunday is our collection for HarvestCall. This includes our collection for the local work projects and the HC Distribution Center.
- The Athens congregation is hosting ALive 2021 on May 29-31. There is a schedule of events posted on the bulletin boards at church.
- Single brothers and converts will be cleaning lights and vents at church tomorrow evening, April 5 beginning at 7:00 pm. All help is appreciated.
- Annual church cleaning will be this Tuesday from 8:00 am-noon, and 4:00-8:00 pm. Please check the lists on the bulletin boards for your area of responsibility. The kitchen areas will not be cleaned at this time due to the upcoming renovations; they will be cleaned when the project is completed.
- There will be provings this Saturday beginning at 7:00 pm for Reuben Mueller, Marissa Lanz, and Remington Mueller. Elder Bro. Rick Plattner and Bro. Lee Plattner are planning to be with us.
- Holy Communion will be next Sunday evening, April 11 at 6:30 pm. Brother Lee Plattner will be with us. Converts are invited to attend and observe the Communion service.
Sunday, March 28, 2021
- There will be no church service this Wednesday evening. Our Easter program will be combined with a shortened service this Friday, starting at 7:30 pm. Students should be in their classrooms at 7:00 pm, and families with children in Sunday School should bring two dozen cookies or bars already individually wrapped.
Sunday, March 21, 2021
- There is Fellowship Hall cleaning tomorrow starting at 1:00 pm until finished.
- This Wednesday evening, we will have our Communion exhortation and a report from the recent Congerville Conference. It is not a member meeting, and it will be available via streaming, phone, and CD, but it will not be archived online. Communion services will be held Sunday, April 11.
- We are using the regular church lunch serving list starting next Sunday, beginning with #9. Please see the church calendar for future turns.
- The engagement of Sis. Shannon Teubel and Bro. Michael Bolliger, both from Tremont, was announced.