Sunday, January 22, 2023
- The new church directories have arrived and are by the bulletin board.
- We have received 100 of the new hymn books entitled "Hymns of Worship". They are in the sprinkler room and can be borrowed for singings etc.
- The Single Group Bible Study is tomorrow evening at Northview Commons beginning at 7:00.
Sunday, January 15, 2023
- This Wednesday evening, Bro. Nathan Rassi from St. Louis will be here to speak on "Science and the Bible".
- On Thursday, there will be an informational session for the House of Hope for Women from 7:00-8:00 pm at the Fellowship Hall. The House of Hope helps women heal from trauma and offers support to families. Please see Sis. Bonnie or Sis. Becky Dotterer with questions.
- The minutes of the recent annual business meeting are posted on the church website for review.
- The engagement of Bro. Ethan Schaffer and Sis. Martha Moser from Fairbury was announced.
Sunday, January 8, 2023
- There is a Bible study for the Forrest Single Group tomorrow evening at Northview Commons at 7:00 pm, with Bro. Marvin.
- There will be provings this Saturday beginning at 7:00 pm for Micah Lanz, Zachary Kelson, and Kyle Leman, in that order. Elder Brothers Rod Bajema from Lester, IA and Rick Plattner are planning to be with us.
- There will be an all-church singing at the Fellowship Hall next Sunday evening after the baptisms, starting at 6:30 pm.
- Next Sunday is our Alms Fund collection.
- There is Single Group Sunday School next Sunday at 8:45 am.
- ACCFS will be hosting its 2023 Cultivating Connections Marriage Conference on February 10-11 in Roanoke. Registration is required for this in-person-only event. More information as well as registration can be found at accounseling.org/marriageconference2023.
- Bros. Dennis Edelman and Ken Roth have been selected to serve four-year terms in the jail ministry.
Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Our annual business meeting is tomorrow evening, beginning at 7:00 pm in the Sunday School room.
- Next Sunday is our turn for services in Bastrop, TX. Bro. Marvin is planning to go.
- The Forrest church website has been updated to better match the appearance of many of our denomination sites, and to perform better on phones and tablets. There is also more information, including Fairbury Fellowship Hall calendar and reservation form, as well as additional information about our denomination for anyone interested.
- Our church reading plan for 2023 will be monthly plans that we will announce and distribute at the beginning of each month. In January, we'll be reading through Genesis, and the plan will start next Sunday. Paper copies are on the table near the south doors. Any questions can be directed to Bro. Jeremy or Bro. Ted.
Sunday, December 25, 2022
- We will have normal midweek service on Wednesday evening, since Christmas and New Year's Day fall on Sunday.
- The annual business meeting agenda, open positions, and list of eligible brothers are available under the bulletin boards. The meeting will be at 7:00 pm on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, in the church Sunday School room. Singing clothes are appropriate.
- In two weeks on January 8, it is Forrest's turn for services in Bastrop, TX. Bro. Marvin is planning to go.
- Bro. Marvin is planning a Bible study on the Word of God with anyone interested from the Forrest Single Group. They will meet the second and fourth Mondays of each month at Northview Commons, beginning January 9.
- Bro. Nathan Rassi from St. Louis is planning to be with us on Wednesday, January 18 to speak on "Science and the Bible."
- We are thankful that Lexie Schaffer (Bro. Kevin and Sis. Martha) and Connor Mueller (Bro. Tim and Sis. Myra) have started repenting.